Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: In Pursuit of Flight - Dexter Soy, Emma Ríos, Kelly Sue DeConnick WOW!! This was SO GOOD!

I seem to have the worst luck choosing comics/graphic novels. They are either dry as dirt or confusing as hell. I've even wondered if maybe I'm not a comic book girl.

And then I find comics like this one that makes me want to fist punch the air and scream, "Yessssss! I finally get it!"

Carol Danvers is officially my favorite super heroine. She is tough, smart, and powerful - and yet she has female friends that she legitimately cares about (such as Tracy - don't know her specific relationship to Tracy, but I am just pleased as punch that Carol isn't resorted to slut shaming her). She is an Avenger and fights alongside Captain America, who thinks she is more than capable of being Captain Marvel. All in all, Carol Danvers "Captain Marvel" is my kind of heroine.

The story gets a bit confusing as is wont to happen when messing around with time travel and a character with a 30+ year history, but I liked it. I thought the Banshee women were amazing and Helen Cobb was awesome!

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to fill out my forms to start my own Carol Danvers religion and get the altar sized...