Wraith Squadron - Aaron Allston The squadron of misfit pilots
Wedge Antilles has a new idea: take all the pilots that are a hair's breadth away from being kicked out of the Alliance and regroup the best and most talented into a commando-type squadron. Thus is born Wraith Squadron, with newcomers Kell, Tyria, and "Piggy".
NOTE: Based on audiobook and novel.

I Liked:
It would be all too easy to stick in a rut, keep having Rogue Squadron do the same 'ol. But Aaron Allston (understandably) wants to branch out, explore something new. So he has Wedge and Wes Jansen (another SW minor character alumni) start up what will be Wraith Squadron. The concept is interesting, and the characters are pretty different from the pilots in Rogue Squadron.
Probably my favorite character is "Face" Lorn. He is amusing, I love how he was a child star, and yet at the same time, conflicted. Donos is also another interesting character, a man who was the only survivor of his squadron. His breakdown felt very realistic.
While Rogue got to tear down Coruscant and Isard, Wraith gets to attack Zsinj. It's a fairly interesting story. My favorite part, though, was when the Wraiths went undercover to penetrate the planet. That was amusing!
Speaking of amusing, I think there is far more humor in Allston's X-Wing books than in Stackpole's (and far less "hammy" writing).

I Didn't Like:
Some of the characters never really connected to me. Kell felt like a weak Luke/Corran/fill*in*the*blank pilot. Tyria is yet another Force-Sensitive pilot. When one character (who didn't make the cut) was said to be from Tatooine, I groaned. For being such an out-of-the-way world, it sure does have a lot of people to send Core-ward.
Another thing that plagued the book was the fact it was another "first" novel. We have to be introduced to all the characters, all the scenarios, all the training we've already done before.
Lastly, I found myself struggling to figure out where the story was going. I don't know if that's because I listened on audiobook, but I kept hearing all these battles and wondering where the story was going, what was the whole point.

Dialogue/Sexual Situations/Violence:
Da** & he** creep in.
A few of the pilots couple up.
Space battles, of course, dogfights, and the like. Typical Star Wars affair.

Overall:
Allston does a decent job pulling off a new Squadron and continuing the series. And since it's a first book, setting up the characters, I expect subsequent books to be stronger. Ultimately, it was enjoyable, the characters were, for the most part, different, and the missions were unique. A worthwhile read.