Death, Lies, and Treachery (Star Wars: Boba Fett) - John Wagner, Cam Kennedy For a man who maybe has a screen time of 15 minutes and probably three lines of dialogue (at least, in the classic trilogy), Boba Fett has a cult following. So you knew that people would jump on telling his story, revealing his bounty hunter ways.
In this graphic novel, a compilation of three prior comics, Boba Fett is requisitioned to work for Gorga the Hutt, who is trying to woo Anachro. First, Gorga hires Fett to nab Bar-Kooda, who has been oppressing Anachro's father. Then, Gorga hires Fett to return his kidnapped Anachro to him. Lastly, Gorga attemps to rid himself of Daddy-In-Law.
Although the romance of hermaphroditic Hutts (perhaps this was written before that was established in canon?) was a little squicky, I rather enjoyed the novel. I felt Fett was characterized rather well (maybe a little chatty, but really well). His intro, hunting the men on speeder bikes, was pure Fett. Also, I rather enjoyed the story, which is basically just how one Hutt gets married to his love (and how Anachro defies the Hutt stereotype). I liked seeing the interaction of Gorga to Anachro, and Gorga to his Father-in-Law, two scenarios not prevalent in Star Wars and certainly not from the Hutts' perspectives.
The artwork I felt lent itself well to the story. The coloring the same way, though it did grow tiring, all the colors seemed to be the same over and over again.
Certainly not the most clever graphic novel ever made, "Boba Fett: Death, Lies, and Treachery" is an enjoyable yarn that will preoccupy your mind for a while and possibly get you to laughing.