Rebel Dawn - A.C. Crispin "I am no woman's fool, sister"
The saga of Han Solo and his Wookiee copilot, Chewbacca, come to an end in the final book of the Han Solo Trilogy. The plot between the Besadii and the Desilijic clans come to a head. And Bria returns to Ylesia...to kick @ss and chew bubblegum, but she's all out of bubblegum.
NOTE: Based on the novel (read some years ago) and the audiobook.

I Liked:
I mentioned in my review for The Hutt Gambit how I enjoyed seeing Crispin work with the tenuous material that other authors had made of Han's previous life. Well, she continues to work with it nicely, creating a time for Han to go to the Corporate Sector and engage in the adventures that Brian Daley created.
I like how Boba Fett crops up at strange times. I like how Crispin portrays him much better than how Jeter portrayed him. I don't care if much of his backstory has been retconned, he's still cool.
Han again is well done and Chewbacca has a chance to be interesting when the duo returns to his homeworld. I think his love story with Mallatobuck is one of the absolute sweetest Star Wars romances I have ever read and only wish that Crispin hadn't made a comment that Chewbacca hadn't been home in 50 years (was Chewbacca a slave that long? AotC conflictions!).
Crispin made a believable scenario for why Lando and Han are at each other's throats. And I like how she doesn't try to make the Rebel Alliance look like good guys, having them back out on their deal with the smugglers. Only...

I Didn't Like:
...how would Han have ever chosen to stick with the Rebel Alliance? It makes no sense. The Alliance stole what was rightfully his, backed out of an arrangement, and now he suddenly returns? I know part was Luke and part was...well, even he didn't know! But honestly, this makes no sense to me.
I really wasn't fond of Bria and Han in this one. I have no idea why the two are still harping over each other even though they broke up a decade earlier.
Furthermore, Bria is most definitely a Mary Sue. She is gorgeous (causing even Lando to eye her), a commander in the Rebel Alliance, able to bind disparate cultures together (even if Mon Mothma was the true instigator, Bria played her own role), and is able to make up with Han quicker than you can say, "Bail's my uncle." Not to mention, Bria cheats Han and the smugglers and still tries to excuse her actions, citing her "higher calling" of working for the Rebel Alliance. Hello? These guys are hired; they don't give a @#$% about your revolution, or they would have joined and not bothered with negotiating payment. And in the end, Han still thinks on her fondly. Ugh.
I don't know if my next point is because of how Crispin wrote Han or how the narrator spoke Han, but Han often comes off as being a little melancholy, a little wussy, and not at all cocky, arrogant, and charming, even when he should be.

Dialgoue/Sexual Situations/Violence:
A rather awkward use of "heck". Just sounds odd, honestly.
Bria and Han return to the beach where they became lovers. Han has many girlfriends, including one he left because he was afraid of commitment.
The most gruesome, gory scene is when one of the t'lana Til kills a Hutt. Ick, that was not fun listening to. Otherwise, you have a battle between the Ylesia priests and the smugglers/Rebels. A lot of Hutts die.

Overall:
A good novel, yet it has some weak points, namely in the now annoying character of Bria (thank God her overdramatic conclusion wasn't relayed in the audiobook) and Han Solo disappearing to engage in the Daley adventures. It's nice to see it line up to A New Hope and isn't the worse EU has to offer, but after the previous novels, I just couldn't help being disappointed.