30 Day Book Playlist - Day 30

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith Divergent - Veronica Roth

Day 30: Choose a Genre/Theme Day! Choose any music genre and create a prompt and book list to go with prompt (Experimental)

Now that we are at the end of the 30 Day Book Playlist, I must commend Rose on her extreme creativity in coming up with such a brilliant idea!  I love how the prompts tie in so closely to music; as I picked the books for each prompt, I really felt that they matched up - book with music.  In some cases, I could totally hear a song or at least a bit of a song with each selection.

So the theme for today is based off the viral music videos Psy's "Gangnam Style", The Harlem Shake and that damn "What Does the Fox Say?":

Name a book you read because it was HUGELY popular.

I've read several books because they were popular: Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, Game of Thrones, etc. I mean, popularity sometimes (SOMETIMES) indicates a good book.  (Sometimes it just means someone in the marketing department needs a raise - thank you to the ones who brought us the sh!tfest, "Fifty Shades"!)

Anyway, here are some of the SUPER POPULAR books I got to read and enjoy this year.

Source: http://rosepetals1984.booklikes.com/post/674218/post