Mehhhhhhhh...

Is It Just Me?: Or is it nuts out there? - Whoopi Goldberg

Bullet Review:

When you break it down, comedy memoirs/biographies/what-have-you have two basic criteria: humor and interesting information. I've now had the opportunity to read a grand total of three of these types of books: BossypantsSeriously...I'm Kidding, and now this one. And if I had to rank them according to the previously two ascribed criteria, they would be as follows:

Least < Greatest

Humor:

Seriously...I'm Kidding! < Is It Just Me?: Or is it nuts out there? < Bossypants

Interesting Information

It's more meaty than "Seriously...I'm Kidding", but maybe not as funny (it's not fair to compare, as I'm sure this is twice the length of "Seriously"), and definitely falls WAY below the bar that the amazing "Bossypants" set. All in all, it's a Meh book. Decent writing, some amusing insights, but not particularly funny (a shame because I do think Whoopi is funny), not particularly thoughtful or insightful or even uplifting ("Seriously" is way more uplifting), not particularly filled with interesting bits from Whoopi's life (and I get it - you don't have to write a celebrity autobiography divulging all your dirty secrets).

Fortunately, I got this as one of the Kindel Daily Deals, so I spent maybe $3 on it. If I would have spent any more than that, I would have felt a bit cheated. It's ok - just not anything really amazing or out of this world.