Reading progress update: I've read 37%.

Bullet (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #19) - Laurell K. Hamilton

So lemme get this straight: THIS is an acceptable "plot" for a book in a VAMPIRE HUNTER SERIES:

+ approx 1 hour spent at a dance recital for a kid who is not related to the Main Characters. Dance recital was for KIDS and focused more on Nathaniel and Jason.

+ approx 1 hour spent with Asher arguing about his power and wanting to have sex.

+ approx 45 min spent with Richard whinging about the dramaz he's endured since book 2.  This is ALL RECAP for those of us who have read since the beginning.

+ approx 45 min spent on an unsexy orgy with Anita (no surprise), Richard, Jean-Claude, and Asher.  It has B-D-S-M, meaning the B-D-S-M that non-practitioners or baby practitioners think is super cool.

+ approx 30 min spent with a pile of men including Richard, JC, Asher, Jason, Nathaniel, Micah, Crispin (who is this again?) and Nicky (the "bride" of Anita", because she poisoned him, isn't that CUTE?) on Anita.  Belle Morte does that "appearing to everyone" bit and Marmee Noir makes a "I'm gonna keeeel you, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!" appearance.

+ approx 45 min Anita recounting the events to Max, Viviana, and Augustine and asking "What does that mean?" over and over again.  While she reclines on a bed, with a bunch of naked men covered in lion goop.

You have GOT to be kidding me.  I mean, yes, I'm glad that Belle Morte and Marmee Noir have come back, that Anita has to do something, but she's not f-ing doing anything, other than making phone calls and asking stupid questions.