Reading progress update: I've read 40%.

Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You - Susan Elliott

Don't get me wrong; this is a really good book, much better than "Dumped". But...I think I'm really past the point of needing help.

1. I haven't cried once since he texted, and it's not just me "being tough". I haven't wanted to.

2. He barely crosses my mind these days. Yes, occasionally I think of things he used to say, texts that he would send, or how I would send him a text before I flew and I'm sad. And I do miss those times. But really, reading this book makes me think of him more than I think of him on a day to day basis.

3. Never once during this process, have I obsessed over the BF. Maybe it was because we were always long-distance dating, maybe it's because I knew we needed to breakup (even if I thought the manner he chose was cowardly and rude), but I've never had the couple mentality and lived my life very independently.

4. Most of the people that the author seems to be writing to are people who are devastated to the point of being unable to live their lives. This is not me. I was shocked when I found out. I was upset. I was struggling to make sense of it. But I haven't wanted to reach out to him (even though I would like to get a ring back from him), I haven't wanted to hear from him, I don't need "closure", and I really don't care if I never hear from him again. I have continued to go to work, to hang out with friends, to have FUN without him, and to not drown my sorrows in ice cream and beer while curled in the fetal position watching "Sleepless in Seattle".

I'm not sure if I should power through the book or put on hold or DNF and move on.