Great female interaction, but confusing!

Worlds' Finest, Vol. 1: The Lost Daughters of Earth 2 - Paul Levitz, George PĂ©rez, Kevin McGuire

Bullet Review:

I have really enjoyed some of the earlier Huntress books I've read, so I was excited to see that Huntress gets to pair up with Powergirl.

But I haven't followed any of these big events/bit storylines. I don't exactly know what happened in the Earth 2/Darkseid line, so a key portion of this story was beyond me. I also didn't realize that Powergirl was Supergirl and Huntress was Robin - in this storyline, I think? How does this fit in with Birds of Prey, Vol. 1: Trouble in Mind?

Oh well, beyond being confused how this fits in, I liked Karen/Kara/Supergirl/Powergirl and Hel/Helena/Robin/Huntress. I loved how they were close friends, companions, a powerful duo. Even though Supergirl/Powergirl is nearly indestructible (a cute joke between the women), Huntress more than holds her own. I also liked the costume/art, how the women weren't unnecessarily sexualized. (I've heard the stories about Powergirl's Boob Window, and I loved how the author made a joke of how often Karen ended up in shredded clothes.)

Beyond that - not really all that impressed by the stories, even if I did understand how the storylines interacted. You have a story about some thing that absorbs radiation, then a throwaway story about the women fighting a case solo. Yawn.

By far the best parts are when the women are talking to each other, the mere fact that two women can fight crime alongside each other without bickering over men and dating and blah blah blah. But I don't know that that is enough to keep me checked into the series, not when you have fabulous lines like Batgirl.